Tis the Season for Christmas & Holiday Parties...
We have a tradition of hosting an annual holiday party each year and while it may have started off small back in our early 20s right out of college, it's kind of become an "event" of our friend group which means over the years the festive attire has evolved sometimes being fancy other times seeing who can come up with the funniest holiday ugly sweater and over the recent years it has also included a photo backdrop to ensure we capture a memory of all of our guests!
DIY Christmas Tree Photo Backdrop How To
Like most DIY ideas first you find a photo you're inspired by on Pinterest, for me that was this flat tree that I thought would work perfect in our space!
Then of course, there was the conversation of how we'd actually execute this in a short amount of time and without trying to spend a fortune on supplies. Here's what I used:
1. 2 Boards - purchase a couple at Home Depot and have cut to make your "tree frame"
2. Nails or screws to put together the "tree frame"
3. Fresh Cut Evergreens (FREE at your local tree lot or at least they were for us)
4. Fresh Cut Tree Trunks (Also FREE)
5. Staple Gun by far the most important part of this project
6. Optional - small clothing pins and polaroid picture camera for some party fun
One you have all that you need about an hour of time, start staple gunning away until your "tree frame" takes some shape and looks more like a real tree.
DIY PROJECT TIME
Less than $20, a couple hours of our time, and this DIY Christmas tree was a hit! It made the room smell great and it was fun to step back after the party and check out everyone's pictures from the night. Now I'm left with figuring out what will top this easy DIY photo backdrop idea! If you have ideas, leave them in the comments!
Parties Made Simple.
FOLLOW US FOR MORE PARTY INSPIRATION!
Leave a comment