KID FRIENDLY S'MORE FUN VALENTINE PARTY
Valentine's Day celebrations have taken on a whole new meaning now that I have kids and I love that this winter holiday gives us a reason to have a little fun and celebrate all those we love in our life.
A couple of years ago we started hosting a Valentine's day playdate party for the kids and our neighbor friends and it's become a yearly tradition. Since I'm in the party business we always host ours a few weekends before Valentine's Day so I can share all the details, but nevertheless it's always fun to work with the kids to determine the theme of the year and setup together as they get excited to become mini host and hostess for the afternoon!
This year I partnered up again with Alison from Just Add Confetti who inspired these fun "Life's S'More Fun with Friends Like You" party printables!
So what's my key to hosting without the hassle? I follow these three simple rules:
- The invite list must be small. I mean small enough to fit in the kids play room so we really do only invite the neighbors and keep it to that!
- I limit the "menu." Since this party is about spoiling the kids.... we pick 1 or 2 snacks and keep it simple. We always host in the middle of the afternoon so there's no need to go overboard with a big elaborate spread and that helps keep the setup and cleanup quick for this busy mom!
- We focus on kindness. I try to make sure every year (especially as the kids get older) they recognize that Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to spread kindness and joy and we talk about hosting as a way to do something kind for our friends!
So what do you need to host your own S'More fun filled afternoon? Not much!
Tablecloth for easy cleanup
- Snack Cups
- Valentine's Day Plates & Napkins
- Just Add Confetti's Printables
- Quick Target run:
- Graham Crackers
- Hersey Bars
- Heart Shaped Marshmallows
- Bamboo Sticks for Marshmallow Roasting
Once all the essentials are in place it's all about the fun. This year we took our pictures before entertaining friends to ensure we could focus our attention on our guests, but at the end of the day these two kiddos were full of sugar, love, and giggles!
Parties Made Simple.
FOLLOW US FOR MORE PARTY INSPIRATION!