Kid Friendly Halloween Party Ideas
HALLOWEEN PARTY IDEAS THAT ARE KID FRIENDLY TOO
Enjoying Halloween doesn't have to be all about the late night trick-or-treating, sometimes we find it's more enjoyable to celebrate Halloween a weekend or two before the actual holiday at a time that suits your kids best!
We’ve been hosting a Halloween playdate with friends for a few years now and it’s been a huge hit. It started when the kids were toddlers and the tradition easily lives on into the school aged group too! There’s a few reasons why the weekend playdate works:
- Keep it small: Invites can be limited to your neighbors, a small group of families you enjoy hanging out with, or small group from school. No need to throw a huge bash or stand outside at a Trunk-or-Treat with strangers you don’t know!
- Bad Weather - No Problem: This celebration isn’t weather dependent. Don’t stand out in the rain or freeze with your little ones if a brush of cold weather gets the best of your Halloween plans. Entertaining inside allows for a bit more relaxed and non-weather dependent celebration which helps avoid the bundling up of little ones!
- No Scares for the Littlest Ones: Halloween can come with sensory overload for any child, especially those who are scared of costumes. Entertaining at home with friends creates a familiar environment and allows everyone to be able to take their guard down a bit.
For this year's decor help I called in my party friends Meghan over at Elva M Designs for the printables and Holly at Legally Crafty Blog for a few affordable DIY decor items and some crafty ideas for the kids to entertain themselves now that they're getting a bit older.
cookies by @cookiesandmorebylisa
I have to be honest, I think this one was my favorite one yet. Mostly because I just mixed and matched a lot of decor that we already had and added a few new spider details to freshen up the theme and I was good to go! Holly's spider ice cubes and spiderweb mantel decor idea is so easy and affordable - who knew transforming a hulu hoop could be so magical! For details on to pull these DIY decor elements together check out Legally Crafty Blog.
STYLISH HALLOWEEN PARTY SUPPLIES
Now let’s Make this Party Simple, here’s your must have shopping list:
- Halloween Printables, FREE: These cute black & orange printable are free from Elva M Designs. Get your set today!
- Halloween Party Supplies, starting at $2.99: Choose from a variety of Halloween themed plates and napkins in traditional orange & black as well as fun themed decor.
- Halloween Balloons, $3.99: Add quick and easy decor with these printed skeleton, bat, and spider balloons.
- Spider Web Snack Bowl, $5.00: Serve up your snacks in this spider web snack bowl perfect for popcorn, chips, and more!
- Halloween Candies & Snacks: All the e goodies for our Halloween treat tray were purchased at Target for a one stop trip.
Want to win a FREE HALLOWEEN PARTY PACKAGE?
If you like the idea of this Halloween playdate and happen to be reading between Oct 1 - Oct 5th, make sure to check us out @sprinkles_and_confetti on instagram because we've partnered with Legally Crafty Blog, Elva M Designs & The Bump Club & Beyond to give one lucky winner a free Halloween party package!
Interested in seeing more party ideas. Sign up to get the latest Sprinkles & Confetti updates here.
- Jackie Walter